Phi Delta Theta Michigan Delta’s newsletter was first published by the Alpha Delta fraternity in October 1946 under the title Frat Chat, the next month its was renamed The Fraternalizer. In the 2000’s it was again renamed The Phinal Words before publication was temporarily halted. In 2008 Brother Allen Stone (#1099) resurected The Fraternalizer. In the fall of 2010 Brother Dave Farinelli (#1155) reinvented The Fraternalizer as a monthly e-newsletter. Below are more than 90 editions of the Fraternalizer with publication dates ranging from the present back to 1946. These feature long forgotten stories ranging from:
- Alpha Delts returning to GMI after serving in World War II
- The first Michigan Delta Phi drafted for service during Vietnam.
- Updates on renovation projects at the 515 Liberty St. house
- The groundbreaking and construction of the 1160 Dupont St. house.
- Stories of house pets like Sweet Pea the Skunk in the 1950s and Peggy the Cocker Spaniel in the 1960s.
- The welcoming of new pledges and members to the Last Will and Testaments of the graduating seniors.
- Major campus events such as the construction of the Campus Center and Dorms to the advent of the WGA system.
- Coming Soon
If any alumni have old copies of the newsletter they would like to send in to be digitized, it would be greatly appreciated. Please send us an email at email@example.com with the publication date to avoid duplicates, and mail the documents to :
Don’t worry! We’ll return your documents as soon as we scan them.